Search This Blog

Monday, March 21, 2011

Mystery Basket

My wife enjoys the Show Chopped on Food TV and I must say it is nice to see a food based tv show that is basically about skill and has very little drama. While I do have a good amount of respect for people who put themselves out there by going on the food reality shows I have a huge amount of respect for people who compete on a show involving a mystery basket.

For anyone who has cooked out of a mystery basket before you know it is difficult and the difficulty is only compounded when you are being timed and watched by some very well respected culinary personalities.

I wish I had more opportunities to cook from mystery baskets because they really do challenge your creativity and resourcefulness plus it is a blast to work with ingredients you are unfamiliar with.

Amazingly I do have a point here and that point is that if you love cooking and want to challenge yourself at home have a friend or loved one make some mystery baskets for you to cook dinner from. You will be challenged and learn a lot in the process. Just make sure the person putting your basket together isn't too mean because some of the items I have seen chefs stuck with on Chopped are truly cruel.

No comments:

Post a Comment