Search This Blog

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Examiner

For those who know me you are aware I was a writer for Examiner.com. I am technically still a writer for them but I no longer publish articles on the site. If you are ever interested though you can check out the archives of my writing here.

I stopped writing for this site because I was not allowed to write in the first person because doing so was said to not be professional and did not give the writing the proper air of expertise. I say that is rubbish and can be extremely confining and stifling.

How am I to review a restaurant if I can't easily describe the dishes that I had? Rubbish I say.

The breaking point though was that they brought on another writer to be the Philadelphia Dessert Examiner even though I would publish 5 or so articles a week and my page views were always well above average. Funny thing is that person published one article then stopped writing so now the site has nobody writing about desserts in Philadelphia.

So that is the answer to the question that so many of you (those intelligent readers will understand that this means none of you) have asked. I am restarting a blog because I do miss writing but I need to write in my own wacky and slightly insane style.

I do recommend though that you check out all of my old articles on examiner.com because there are some great articles there even if you don't like in the Philadelphia area.

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment